Three Properties Sold At County Upset Sale

 

 

Last week, the Cameron County Tax Claim Bureau, with support from several other county offices, held the annual Upset Sale for properties with delinquent real estate taxes.

“Perseverance, diligence and a positive ‘can do’ attitude achieves results,” said County Solicitor Tom Tompkins. “Due to the team-oriented collection efforts of the Cameron County Tax Claim Bureau, the County Commissioners, the Prothonotary and Sheriff’s offices, and Treasurer Staci Brown, the county, school district and municipalities (as well as the library) will currently receive 94.5% of all delinquent real estate taxes levied in Cameron County. The remaining 5.5% delinquency will be addressed through the Judicial Process, and/or the newly-instituted Municipal Claim and Tax Lien procedure.”

 

 

 

Leave a Comment